- New Development Log Available
New Development Log Available - 2017 Second Quarter
The Development Log, published quarterly, tracks large-scale residential and commercial development projects currently in the permitting or construction phases in the City of Cambridge. The Log contains the name and location of each project, the developer, type of use, and the amount of square footage.
Review the Second Quarter 2017 Development Log
Development Log data is available for download through the City's Open Data Portal
Which Projects and Data Are Included?
Criteria for inclusion in the Development Log include:
- Commercial projects totaling over 50,000 square feet;
- Commercial projects that have a significant impact on the neighborhood in which located;
- Residential projects of eight or more units that are new construction or rehab/renovation projects and that alter the existing use by adding to the existing number of units or square footage as well as any other residential project that falls under the Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance.
- All municipal projects in which a cross section of City departments may have an interest
- Any other project considered otherwise significant.
Projects meeting the criteria are categorized by Project Stage, which include:
- Permitting: project under review by Community Development and/or Board of Zoning Appeal.
- Permit Granted or As of Right: development received Special Permit from the Planning Board or BZA, Comprehensive Permit, Large Project Review with Community Development or is As of Right.
- Building Permit Granted: development received Building Permit and construction must start within six months or an extension is required.
- Complete: project received Certificate of Occupancy (CO) or Temporary CO.
The Development Log includes details on current projects, such as:
- GFA by use;
- Number of affordable units upon determination (if applicable);
- Whether the project is permitted by As-Of-Right, Planning Board Special Permit, BZA Permit, Comprehensive Permit, or Large Project Review;
- Primary zoning for project;
- Parking spaces associated with the project;
- Special Permit and Building Permit numbers;
- Number of hotel rooms (if applicable);
- Project type (New Construction/Alteration/Addition/Change of Use/Master Plan);and
- Subtotals for GFA uses, residential units, and parking spaces under each Project Stage.
For More Information
For more information please contact Cliff Cook at email@example.com or 617/349-4656.
To learn more about the Development Log visit the web page.
To download data go to the Open Data web portal.