SCOPE OF SERVICE SPECIFICATIONS
The goal of the Retail Strategic Plan is to develop a strategy of best practice policies and programs that will support and enhance the ground level active use and retail environment in Cambridge. The Consultant will craft this strategy by understanding the City’s current retail landscape and analyzing expected development potential and retail trends. This includes:
- Presenting an overall state of the City’s current retail while identifying unmet retail needs and how to meet them (e.g. new zoning, public-private partnerships, programming, transportation, and building infrastructure);
- Identifying short and long-term goals forming the basis for the City’s new retail retention and recruiting strategy;
- Highlighting the City’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats relating to retail retention/recruitment, based on regional current and expected conditions;
- Identifying appropriate retail mix for each of the commercial districts, as well as replicable methodology;
- Identifying key actions and best practices the City might consider to enhance its marketability and visibility to retailers and other ground floor businesses.