Clement Morgan and Pine Street Parks
Clement Morgan Park lies between Columbia Street and Pine Street while Pine Street Park is found across from Clement Morgan Park. Renovations to Clement G. Morgan Park included replacement of all the playground equipment as well as the “tot play” and waterplay area at Pine Street, upgrades to pathways and lighting, new seating and furniture, additional grass, trees, and other plantings, new signage, an emergency call box and a community posting board.
The design for the park was completed in October 2008 with participation and feedback from community members. Some of the features of the design include:
- New play equipment for school-age children (5-12 years old) at a new location in the park along Pine Street. Community members felt that on the whole, it would be preferable to have the playground separated from basketball court activity and closer to the tot lot, Margaret Fuller House and Boys & Girls Club.
- New play equipment for toddlers (under 5 years old) and upgraded water play equipment at Anthony Paolillo Tot Lot on Pine Street.
- Additional lighting and a reconfiguration of pathways to improve visibility.
- Reduction of pavement, addition of green space and plantings.
- New benches and picnic tables throughout the park.
- A new accessible drinking fountain, emergency phone, and community posting board.
- New signage and decorative features at the park entrances.
- A sitting area for basketball court players and spectators.
- Basketball court lighting to allow for evening use until 9:30pm daily, April through October. The lighting is designed to minimize “spillover” effects onto adjacent properties and will be timed to turn off after hours.
- Crosswalks and signage installed at the intersection of Pine and Eaton Streets.