Small Business Enhancement Program
The Small Business Enhancement (SBE) Program is a reimbursement grant program that helps eligible retail, food, home-based and creative for-profit businesses purchase equipment and materials associated with growing their business in Cambridge. The Program's goal is to assist Cambridge's business owners with technical and financial assistance to build a stronger customer base and boost sales. Notice: As of October 5, 2017, there have been changes to the grant portion of the program.
Update: As of March 15, 2018, there are no grant funds available for FY 2018. We are still taking applications for consultations.
Click here to check your business's eligibility for the program.
SBE Program Entails Two Parts:
- Participate in an in-store consultation appointment with one our consultants specializing in marketing, architecture/interior design, general improvements, or restaurant operations/management.
- Apply for the grant(s).
Additional application requirements:
- Obtain a DUNS number.
- Provide a copy of your City of Cambridge Business Certificate
- Provide a copy of your lease (if brick and mortar)
1. Marketing Grant - A reimbursement grant (up to $2,000, subject to availability of federal funding). This grant is available for viable home-based businesses and brick and mortar business. Click here for a list of eligible marketing improvements.
2. Equipment Grant (Brick and Mortar Businesses only) - A reimbursement grant (up to $5,000, subject to availability of federal funding). This grant is only available to viable HUD-eligible brick and mortar businesses. Click here for a list of eligible equipment improvements
Please click here for a list of non-eligible business improvements.
Next round of the Small Business Enhancement Program begins July 1, 2017. Applications are needed for both parts of the Program. Businesses may apply to either in-store or marketing enhancement grants, or both (if-applicable). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until May 1, 2018. Completed applications will be evaluated for compliance with funding priorities. This opportunity is funded by the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and is subject to their rules and regulations. If you are interested in applying to the Program, please contact Pardis Saffari at 617/349-4654 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the SBE Story Map or watch the video below to view examples of how local business owners utilized SBE funds to enhance their businesses.
For More Information
If you have questions about the Small Business Enhancement Program, please contact Pardis Saffari, at email@example.com or 617/349-4654.