Cambridge-sponsored business development programs and services are funded through Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Because of CDBG guidelines, we can offer these federally-funded activities free of charge only to eligible Cambridge participants. Others wishing to attend are required to pay a nominal fee. CBDG eligibility guidelines ensure that federal funding assists residents and businesses in predominantly low-moderate income areas (known as NRS areas) or low-moderate income micro-enterprises.
To be eligible for free programs and services, people must meet at least one of the following three criteria:
- Live in a Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS) area of Cambridge.
Click here for a map of the NRS Area.
- Have a business in a Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS) area of Cambridge. Click here for a map of the NRS Area.
- Own a Cambridge business with 5 or fewer employees, including the owner(s), who must have family incomes falling within the very low or low-moderate income ranges.
Economic Development Division Income Guidelines for Classes
|Number of Family Members
||Very Low Income
|| Low-Moderate Income
||Above Moderate Income
||up to $32,950
||up to $37,650
||up to $42,350
||up to $47,050
||up to $50,850
||up to $54,600
||up to $68,350
||up to $62,150
- These limits are determined by the U. S. Department of Housing & Urban Development and are subject to change at any time.
- Income is defined as the combined gross annual income for a family from all sources.
- Family is defined as all related, immediate family members living in the same household (e. g., husband, wife, children, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins)
For More Information
For more information, please contact Rona Abrahams, firstname.lastname@example.org, at 617/349-4637. The Community Development Department TTY line is 617/349-4621.