Best Retail Practices Eligibility Guidelines
Some of our programs, workshops, and services are funded through Community Development Block Grants (CBDG) from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Based on HUD guidelines, the City can offer the Program’s In-Store Consultations, Grant Program and Advanced Workshops only to eligible Cambridge residents and businesses.
HUD eligibility guidelines ensure that federal funding assists residents and businesses in predominantly low-moderate income areas, known as Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS) areas, or low to moderate income micro-enterprises. Click here for a map of the NRS Area.
HUD eligibility requirements for this Program can be met in one of the following three ways ways:
- Live in a Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS) area of Cambridge. Click here for a map of the NRS Area.
- You are a small business retailer whose retail, restaurant or store-front service establishment is located in an NRS area of the City. Click here for a map of the NRS Area.
- You are the owner of a retail business located outside the NRS, but in the City of Cambridge, you meet eligibility requirements if all of the following conditions apply:
- You are a small business retailer whose retail establishment is located in the City.
- Your business is a micro-enterprise. A micro-enterprise is defined as a small business with five (5) or fewer employees, including the owner(s).
- Your family income is not greater than low-moderate family income guidelines in the following table.
Best Retail Practices Program Income Guidelines
|Number of Family Member
||up to $47,451
||up to $54,201
||up to $61,001
||up to $67,751
||up to $73,201
||up to $78,601
||up to $84,051
||up to $89,451
- These limits are determined by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development and are subject to change at any time.
- Your family is defined as all related, immediate family members living in the same household (e. g. husband, wife, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins
- Your income is defined as the combined gross annual income for an entire family living in the same household
For More Information
If you have questions about the Best Retail Practices Program, please contact Pardis Saffari, at email@example.com or 617/349-4654. The Community Development Department TTY line is 617/349-4621.