1997 Information Sector
Download Data as Office Open XML (.xlsx)
|NAICS Code||Type of Business||Number of Establishments||Revenue ($1,000)||Annual Payroll ($1,000)||Paid Employees (1)
|512||Motion Picture and Sound Recording Industries||32||25664||4064||352
|5121||Motion Picture and Video Industries||27||22997||3546||333
|512131||Motion Picture Theaters||10||16349||2032||241
|5122||Sound Recording Industries||5||2667||518||19
|513||Broadcasting and Telecommunications||25||151124||24370||502
|514||Information Services and Data Processing Services||38||183124||44616||792
|514191||Online Information Services||22||138781||38131||604
|5142||Data Processing Services||10||D||D||b
- Some statistics are withheld to avoid disclosing data for individual companies. If employment is 500 or more, number of establishments is shown and employment size range is indicated by one of the following symbols:
- a: 0 to 19 employees
- b: 20 to 99 employees
- c: 100 to 249 employees
- e: 250 to 499 employees
- f: 500 to 999 employees
- g: 1,000 to 2,499 employees
- h: 2,500 to 4,999 employees
- i: 5,000 to 9,999 employees
- j: 10,000 to 24,999 employees
- k: 25,000 to 49,999 employees
- l: 50,000 to 99,999 employees
- m: 100,000 employees or more
- D: Withheld to avoid disclosing information about individual companies. Data is included in broader categories.
Source: U. S. Census, 1997 Economic Census, Information Sector, Geographic Area Series, September 1999.
For full documentation on the 1997 Economic Census, visit the Census Bureau's 1997 Economic Census home page. For more information about this industry sector in Cambridge, visit the report for Massachusetts Accommodation and Food Services. For more information about NAICS, visit the official NAICS web page maintained by the U. S. Census Bureau. For information about the comparability of NAICS and SIC codes, visit the Bridge Between 1997 NAICS and 1987 SIC Classification Systems.
The figures presented here should not compared to the employment by industry figures generated by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development. The methodology and intended uses of the information differ, making direct comparisons impracticable.
For More Information
For more information about socioeconomic and demographic statistics about Cambridge, please contact Cliff Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org, Planning Information Manager, at 617/349-4656.