Demographic and Statistical Presentations about Cambridge
Community Development staff members present demographics and socioeconomic data to various groups around the City. These presentations include analysis and updated information not available elsewhere on this web site. They bring together information from a variety of areas focused on a single theme or topic. Note that statistics found in these presentations may be superseded by updated data sets posted elsewhere on the demographics pages.
If you are interested in having a demographic presentation for your group, please see the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Peace Commission - Incorporates data from 2010 Census, 2010-2014 American Community Survey, and various other sources. Topics include general demographics, diversity, family structure, education, migration, computer and internet access, disability, income and poverty.
- Community Engagement Team - Reviews 2010 Census, ACS, and school enrollment data related to minority populations with a focus on youths. Also information on the distribution of income and on the population in poverty.
- Human Services Commission - Similar to Human Rights Commission presentation with a small amount of additional or updated data.
- Human Rights Commission - Overview of 2010 Census, ACS, including disability information, and an update on the poverty status of various subpopulations
- Human Services Overview - Provides an overview of 2010 Census, ACS and school data as well as an update on the poverty status of various subpopulations.
- Poverty in Cambridge - A presentation to the Cambridge Affordable Housing Trust. Reviews poverty and income related population with a focus on non-students and various socioeconomic factors. May 21, 2014 - (This document has been updated to incorporate an improved set of data. Overall, trends showed little change though specific figure showed a number of minor adjustments.)
- Cambridge Department Heads - Provides a demographic and socioeconomic overview of the City with a special focus on the population in poverty.
- Business Demographics Workshop - Reviews demographic topics of interest to Cambridge businesses and how businesses can use demographic information to their advantage - April 2013
- Community Engagement Team - Reviews 2010 Census, ACS and school enrollment data related to minority populations with a focus on youths.
- Agassiz Neighborhood Council Demographic Overview - Reviews a variety of demographic topics pertaining to the Agassiz neighborhood and compares to City of Cambridge statistics - March 2013
- Cambridgeport Neighborhood Demographic Overview - Reviews a variety of demographic topics pertaining to the Cambridgeport neighborhood and compares to City of Cambridge statistics - November 2012
- 2010 Census and Recent American Community Survey Results, with a focus on income related information - February 2012
- Pediatric Grand Rounds Presentation on Kids and Income, incorporating data from the 2010 Census, the 2007-2009 American Community Survey, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health - October 2011
- Silver Ribbon Committee Census Elderly and Income Update, incorporating 2010 Census date about the elderly population and income data from the 2007 to 2009 American Community Survey September 2011
- Youths in Cambridge - for the Healthy Children Task Force, incorporating data from the 2010 Census and the 2007-2009 American Community Survey - September 2011
- Demographic Update, incorporating information from the 2010 Census and 2007-2009 American Community Survey - June 2011
- Preliminary 2010 Census Results and American Community Diversity and Income Data (The CDBG Dinner Presentation) - April 2011
- Elder Housing Trends Presentation to the Cambridge Silver Ribbon Committee - March 2011
- Data Sources for Youths 0 to 8 Years Old - September 2010
- American Community Survey, Census Population Estimates and Cambridge Demographic Update - January 2010. Reviews relationship between the Census Bureau estimates program and the American Community Survey.
- American Community Survey and Cambridge Demographic Update - April 2009. reviews strengths, weaknesses, and issues associated with use of American Community Survey data from the Census Bureau.
For More Information
For more information about socioeconomic and demographic statistics about Cambridge, please contact Cliff Cook, email@example.com, Planning Information Manager, at 617/349-4656.