Learn about park planning, design or construction projects that are currently underway:
- Cambridgeport Parks: The City is in the process of renovating three neighborhood parks in Cambridgeport. Alberico Park, David Nunes (Old Morse) Park, and Fulmore Park are small to moderately sized parks located in Cambridgeport along Allston Street and Sidney Street.
- Cambridge Common: This project will renovate the Cambridge Common and build a multi-use path alongside Flagstaff Park on Massachusetts Avenue.
- Eastern Cambridge/Kendall Square Open Space Study: The City, through the Community Development Department, is starting a public process to explore ways to integrate four new open space parcels into the existing open space system in Kendall Square and eastern Cambridge.
- Harvard Square Placemaking: The City of Cambridge, in cooperation with Harvard University and the Harvard Square Business Association, is engaging in a public process to develop recommendations for the public open space in the center of Harvard Square: The T plaza, Forbes Plaza at Holyoke Center, and the broad sidewalk in front of the Coop and Bank of America.
Recently Completed Projects
- Kemp Playground at Cambridge Common: The redesigned Alexander W. Kemp Playground at the Cambridge Common was completed and opened in summer 2009. It has a variety of play features to stimulate challenging physical activity as well as creative, exploratory, imaginative and social play for kids of all ages.
- New Park in Riverside: The new community park in Riverside was created as part of an agreement between the City of Cambridge, Harvard University and the Riverside Neighborhood.
- Sennott Park Edge Improvements: Improvements to the pathway, new fencing, furniture and plantings were added to the Broadway edge of Sennott Park in 2010. These improvements were intended to beautify the park edge, encourage more passive use and support community gathering.