- Air Conditioners*
- Clothes Washers & Dryers
- Copiers & Printers (More than 40 lbs)
- Exercise Equipment (small) & Bicycles (free, call ahead to schedule pick-up)
- Larger Exercise equipment (motorized)
- Lawnmowers (free, call ahead to schedule pick-up, must remove gas)
- Metal Filing Cabinets & Desks (free, call ahead to schedule pick-up)
- Radiators (free, call ahead to schedule pick-up)
- Refrigerators* & Freezers* (must remove doors, non-commercial)
- Snow Blowers (free, call ahead to schedule pick-up, must remove gas)
- TVs & Computer Monitors (Over 20" diagonal screen length)
- Trash Compactors
- Water Coolers & Heaters
*Freon (chlorofluorocarbons) is removed from air conditioners, dehumidifiers, freezers, and refrigerators in order to meet the Clean Air Act. All appliances are then sent to a local scrap metal recycling facility.
Check out our Get Rid of it Right page, with details on how to recycle, donate or dispose of just about anything including furniture, appliances and electronics. Note that beginning September 2014, the Coalition for the Homeless will schedule free pickups of furniture in good condition from your home in Cambridge for the last Friday and the first Monday of every month, except holidays.
Remember that recycling is mandatory in Cambridge. Please make sure to recycle glass, metal, & plastic containers, paper, cardboard, and yard waste. Do not place hazardous products in the trash and never pour them down catch basins or drains. Bring hazardous items to an upcoming hazardous waste collection including paint, chemicals, fluorescent bulbs, fuels, tires, car batteries, propane tanks. Alkaline batteries may be disposed in the trash.
Here is the street cleaning schedule
If you think your car has been towed, you can search our online tow database. As a last resort, call the Police Department at 617.349.3300. You should only park on the street after the posted time on the street sweeping sign. Even though you may have seen the sweeper go by once, it may need to go by for a second pass. Also, the City's catch basin cleaning program is closely coordinated with monthly street sweeping in order to reduce additional parking disruptions, and that equipment may be scheduled during the same posted time period.