Captured at Fresh Pond Reservation
- A rabid raccoon was captured at Fresh Pond Reservation on September 27, 2013.
- Call your doctor right away if you are bitten or scratched by a raccoon in this area.
- People or pets who have not been bitten or scratched by a raccoon are NOT at risk.
- Never handle dead, sick, or injured wild animals yourself. Call a Cambridge Animal Control Officer at 617-349-4376.
- Make sure your pets have current rabies vaccine.
If you have questions about rabies, call the Cambridge Public Health Department at 617-665-3800.
For information about rabies, go to www.mass.gov/dph/rabies