- Road Closures related to MIT Police Officer Memorial Service April 24
Road Closures related to MIT Police Officer Memorial Service April 24
Cambridge Police Department announced various road closures beginning before the morning rush hour on Wednesday, Apr. 24 for the memorial service of MIT Officer Sean Collier at Noon. This service is only open to members of law enforcement and the MIT community with valid MIT Ids.
• Vassar St: between Audrey St. and Mass. Ave. Wednesday, Apr. 24 at 6 a.m.
• Mass. Ave: from Albany St. toward Boston Wednesday, Apr. 24 at 7 a.m.
• Memorial Drive: between Mass. Ave. and B.U. Bridge Wednesday, Apr. 24 at 12 a.m.
• Mass. Ave. Bridge into Cambridge: Wednesday, Apr. 24, at 7 a.m.
These road closures are going to have a major impact on traffic in the city. Police are asking residents to plan ahead, seek alternate routes, and use public transportation whenever possible.
ALL roads and bridges will be open to pedestrian and bicycle traffic EXCEPT FOR Memorial Drive between Massachusetts Ave. and the B.U. Bridge.
We have been coordinating with our partners at the MBTA to minimize disruptions to bus routes in the area.
We are confident that the operations will be complete and all roads reopened to vehicular traffic by 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 24.
Further updates about road closures and other traffic issues will be posted on the Cambridge Police Department’s website at www.CambridgePolice.org. Information can also be found by following @CambridgePolice on Twitter.