Love storytelling? Love Fresh Pond? Want to create and share your stories about how the world of trees, bees and waterfowl pleases you? Come take a short walk with Ranger Jean to learn the stories of nature at Fresh Pond and then, over tea and cookies, storyteller Amy Tighe will show you how to create and share your own stories. A Water Department and Friends of Fresh Pond Reservation workshop - FREE! Please register with Ranger Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join our container gardening workshop where you will be introduced to techniques for growing on raised bed gardens and other small spaces.
The License Commission is in the process of revising the for-hire vehicle regulations, currently applicable to livery and limousine licensees in the City of Cambridge. To aid us in this process, we have scheduled two public information forums to accept comments from interested parties, the industry and other identified stakeholders regarding specific areas of interest. This is the first of two forums. For additional information regarding the nature and scope of the forum, please see: http://www.cambridgema.gov/license/liveryvehicles.aspx
Fresh Pond Walkabout with Chip Norton
Workshop: Learn How to Compost, and Reduce Food Waste
A group for parents, family members, spouses and caregivers with a family member who is addicted to opiates, alcohol, or other drugs.
Our bicycle commuter workshops are great for businesses, communities, universities, or bike groups looking to promote healthy transportation options. The workshop is designed for people who know how to ride a bike, but would like to start using their bikes to ride to work, school, or clubs. Attendees receive safety hand outs, and the instructor will have materials on hand to demonstrate principles, as well as to answer any questions attendees may have. - See more at: http://massbike.org/education/bike-safety-education/#sthash.KcPycpUu.dpuf
Planning Board Meeting
Let's take a ride together!
License Commission Decision-Making Hearing
Seniors, come and socialize with friends and meet new ones while enjoying an all time favorite at our annual Summertime Ice Cream Social.
Affordable Housing Trust
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Removal of Public Shade Trees
City of Cambridge, Department of Public Works
Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 87, Sections 3 and 4, a public hearing will be held on Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 at 5:30 pm at 147 Hampshire St, Cambridge, Mass., to consider the removal of the following public tree(s):
1. Ames St (in median at Broadway) – Removal of 4 crabapples (7.8”, 8.8”, 7.4”, and 7.5”) due to structural issues and streetscape improvements.
2. Ames St (in median at Main St.) – Removal of 3 crabapples (7”, 7.9”, and 9”) due to structural issues and streetscape improvements.
3. 1 Longfellow Road – Removal of 4.5" pear due to structural issues and wounded leader. Location will be replanted.
4. 8 Longfellow Road – Removal of 17.8" Norway maple due to storm damage and structural issues. Location will be replanted.
5. 12 Longfellow Road – Removal of 22.5" Norway maple due to cavities and structural issues. Location will be replanted.
6. 16 Woodbridge St – Removal of 12.3” Norway maple due to structural issues and curb cut application.
7. 55 Belmont St (on Norman St) – Removal of 18.5” Norway maple due to canopy dieback and structural issues. Location will be replanted.
8. 22 Sixth St – Removal of 19.3” Norway maple due to structural issues. Location will be replanted.
The tree(s) identified above have been posted for public inspection. Any objections to their removal must be submitted in writing to the City Arborist, prior to or during the hearing. The mailing address for the City Arborist is Department of Public Works, City of Cambridge, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA 02139; phone: 617-349-6433 email: email@example.com
Regular meeting of the Pedestrian Committee.
Please provide your feedback below: