Western Ave Informational Open House
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Saturday, September 15, 2012
Open House will be held at New Riverside Neighborhood Park (Western Ave at Memorial Drive). Come learn about the project, ask questions, and meet project staff.
Rebecca Fuentes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617.349.4846
The City of Cambridge has awarded a contract for the reconstruction of Western Avenue to the D’Allessandro Corp, who began to mobilize on Western Avenue during the first week in September 2012. The reconstruction of Western Avenue between Green Street and Memorial Drive will take 2 years to complete and includes:
• A new storm water outfall to the Charles River;
• New sewer and drain lines and catch basins;
• New water main and services;
• Newly constructed sidewalks and pedestrian ramps;
• Full depth reconstruction of the roadway;
• A separated bicycle lane;
• New street trees, landscaping and irrigation; and,
• Enlarged Cronin Park.
For more detailed information visit the project website at www.cambridgema.gov/theworks/westernave.
Visiting City Hall
Hours of Service
City Department Directory
Robert W. Healy
Richard C. Rossi
Deputy City Manager