This Net Zero Task Force Working Group on Engagement and Behavior Change will develop an approach to both raising awareness about the Net Zero target, and engaging stakeholders to take action where applicable. The target audience for education and engagement is a broad mix of Cambridge residents, industry groups, and the business and academic communities. This Working Group’s tasks include, but are not limited to developing strategies for the following objectives:
- Raising awareness among the general public as to ‘what is net zero?’;
- Educating the construction, design, and development industry in best practices in energy efficient retrofits, design and construction (may include identifying gaps in local expertise and proposing training programs to build capacity in specific areas);
- Developing an engagement approach for building managers and operators to address ‘low hanging fruit’ opportunities to optimize building performance;
- Exploring tools such as building energy benchmarking, reporting and labeling programs, with a view to developing strategies for how the City will make use of the data once collected;
- Exploring strategies to engage homeowners, tenants and landlords to impact their behavior and purchasing decisions
For more information on the Net Zero Task Force, please check here.