License Commission Agenda
Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 5:00 PM
Robert W. Healy Public Safety Building
125 Sixth Street
The following are the matters which the Chair reasonably anticipates will be discussed or voted upon as of 5:00 p.m., without public testimony.
MALT & WINE LICENSES WITH OR WITHOUT ENTERTAINMENT:
1. Valery Freland, on behalf of Consulate General of France, has applied for a wine license to be exercised at 194 Brattle Street, Cambridge, on 7/14/16 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. for a Bastille Day event. Expected attendance - 200 people.
2. Mary Gallagher, has applied for a malt and wine license to be exercised at MIT, 31 Ames Street, Cambridge, on 6/25/16 from 8:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. for a dinner party. Expected attendance – 70 people.
ENTERTAINMENT LICENSES ONLY:
1. Stephen Ursprung, has applied for an entertainment license for a Dance performance at The Dance Complex, 536 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, on 6/24/16, 6/25/16 & 6/26/16 from 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. with Recorded/live music and Amplification system. Expected attendance – 20 people.
2. Maryellen Carvello, has applied for an entertainment license for a dance party in front of City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, on 6/24/16 from 7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. with Recorded/live music, Amplification system and Light Show. Expected attendance – 10,000.
3. Perry Dripps, has applied for an entertainment license for a concert outside Club Passim, 47 Palmer Street, Cambridge, on 6/23 & 9/8/16 from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. with Patrons, Performers/entertainers dancing, Recorded/live music and Amplification system. Expected attendance – 300 people.
4. Vladimir Pierre, has applied for an entertainment license for a basketball tournament at Sennott Park, 310 Broadway, Cambridge, on 7/30/16 from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Recorded/live music, Amplification system. Expected attendance – 100 people.
5. Melissa Fraitag, has applied for an entertainment license for a wedding reception at Commonwealth, 11 Broad Canal Way, Cambridge, on 7/30/16 from 6:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. with dancing, Recorded/live music, Amplification system. Expected attendance – 120 people
1. Cancellation of GAR10060 held by ALZY, Inc. d/b/a Hermes Auto Body at 125 Brookline Street for ceasing to operate the business.
2. Cancellation of OAP10090 held by East Coast Grill at 1271 Cambridge Street for ceasing to operate the business.
3. M&R Hospitality group, d/b/a Moona, has applied for a new Common Victualler Wine & Malt Beverages License to be exercised at 243 Hampshire Street with proposed hours of 5:00p.m. to 1:00 a.m. seven days per week with a seating capacity of 19 inside and 8 seasonal patio seats on private property, Mohamad El Zein as proposed manager of record of a premise described as: Ground level of three story building. 1,000 SF with 19 seats and standing room by the bar area at high top tables. Basement for storage underneath. Patio on private property with 8 seats.
4. M&R Hospitality group, d/b/a Moona, has applied for an annual entertainment license for music at or below conversation level.
5. Laurence Coelho, on behalf of Clube Desportivo Faialense, has applied for a one-day extension of their license to sell food and alcoholic beverages for a cookout at 1121 Cambridge Street on 7/17/16 from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The following are matters which the Chair reasonably anticipates will be discussed, and for which public testimony will be taken, as of 5:30 p.m.
1. Policy Rule Proposal The Commission will accept a total of 30 minutes of public comments/testimony on the proposed changes to the Rules and Regulations. Written comments may also be submitted to the Commission at the time.
2. Application Goden Street, LLC d/b/a The Rising, holder of a Common Victualler All Alcohol License at 1172 Cambridge Street has applied for an Alteration of Premise to: Approx 3000 sf street level space with Dining room, bar area with bar, kitchen in the rear, basement for storage. 2 entrances on Cambridge Street and 1 egress in rear. Approximately 240 SF seasonal patio on the public sidewalk with seating for 20.
3. Application Transfer of the Common Victualler Wine & Malt License held by Central Diner, Inc. d/b/a 4 Burgers, at 704 Massachusetts Avenue to Hot Pot Boston One, LLC d/b/a Happy Lamb Hot Pot, at 485 Massachusetts Avenue, Michael Luk, proposed manager of record. The premise is described as: Five story building, the first floor being licensed. The main dining room and kitchen are both on the first floor with one entrance and two exits (2975 SF); Basement for storage (340 SF). Total square feet= 3315. Applications to amend the premise description and Change of Location from 704 Massachusetts Avenue to 485 Massachusetts Avenue have also been filed.
4. Application Interstate Management Company, LLC d/b/a Charles Hotel, holder of an Innholder’s All Alcohol License at One Bennett Street/40 University Road has applied for an Alteration of Premise to: 10 story hotel w/between 28 & 51 guest rooms on each floors 3-10 (300 TOTAL); with one restaurant on the second floor consisting of a bar, dining room, private dining room and outdoor patio, currently operated as Henrietta’s Table, one delicatessen/cafe, one bar and one lounge, 2 ballrooms, pre-function area, conference center, meeting rooms and public space on floors 1 through 3 and 86 contiguous condominium units at 1 Bennett Street, 40 University Road, and 975 Memorial Drive (Charles Square). The premise description is changed on a seasonal basis to allow seasonal outdoor seating.
5. Application Sulmona Restaurant Group, LLC d/b/a Sulmona Restaurant, has applied for a new Common Victualler All Alcoholic Beverages License to be exercised at 610 Main Street North, with proposed hours of 11:00a.m. to 1:00a.m. seven days per week with a seating capacity of 124 inside and 20 seasonal patio seats, Delio B. Susi Jr., as proposed Manager of record a premise described as: Seven story building, part of the first floor to be licensed, one large dining room with bar, kitchen, men’s and women’s restrooms, one entrance and two exits with total area of 3,355 SF and also includes an outdoor patio with 20 seats on private property. An application has also been made for an Entertainment License to include: Two TV screens, one film projector, and background music below conversation level.
6. Application Juicy Peach, LLC d/b/a Viale, holder of a Common Victualler All Alcohol License at 502 Massachusetts Avenue has applied for an Alteration of Premise to: One Kitchen, One Dining Room, Bar with 14 Stools, Office And Storage Room. Front Door on Massachusetts Avenue, Side Exit From Dining Room, Rear Exit From Kitchen. Approximately 200SF seasonal patio on the city sidewalk with 22 seats. Applicant is also applying for a change of opening hour from 5:00p.m. to 10:00a.m.
7. Application UC Massachusetts Avenue, LLC d/b/a Upper Crust Pizzeria, holder of a Common Victualler License at 1782 Massachusetts Avenue with approved hours of 11:00a.m. to 10:00p.m. seven days per week and seating for 18 has applied for a new Common Victualler Wine & Malt Beverages License to be exercised at 1782 Massachusetts Avenue, Robert Hennessee, as proposed Manager of record. Premise described as: One floor with two rooms including bathroom. 400 SF dining area and 800 SF kitchen, prep and storage. One entrance with two exits.
8. Application Hathaway Partners, LLC has applied for a Garage License at 15 Richdale Avenue for 20 vehicles and 200 gallons of gasoline in the tanks of autos only. Applicant has also filed an application for an Open Air Parking Lot License at said address for 26 parking spaces.
9. Application Mainely Burgers MA, LLC d/b/a Mainely Burgers, has applied for a Common Victualler License at 704 Massachusetts Avenue with a seating capacity of 40 inside and 8 seasonal patio seats on public property with proposed hours of 11:00a.m. to 11:00p.m. seven days per week, Jack Barber as proposed manager of record. Premise is described as 1,200 SF on ground floor with counter service, seating in front of counter and kitchen behind counter.
10. Application Honeycomb Companies, LLC, d/b/a Honeycomb Creamery, has applied for a Common Victualler license at 1702 Massachusetts Avenue with a seating capacity of 8 and proposed hours of 12:00p.m. to 10:00p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, Kristen Rummel as proposed manager of record. Premise is described as 1,000 SF on ice cream shop with 4 tables and 8 seats.
11. Application Nookie, LLC d/b/a Commonwealth Restaurant, holder of a Common Victualler All Alcohol License at 11 Broad Canal Way has applied for an Alteration of Premise to: 6500SF located on the first floor. Approximately 2833 SF seasonal patio on private property with a la carte dinner area and beer garden area with outdoor bar and seating with 8 bar stools. Total outside seating is 124.
12. Application Boca Burrito Corporation d/b/a Boca Grande Restaurant has applied for a Common Victualler License at 149 First Street with a proposed seating capacity of 23 and proposed hours of 8:00a.m. to 11:00p.m. seven days per week, Silvia Whitman as proposed manager of record. Premise is described as 500 SF of kitchen, order line, counter with 5 seats; Second floor with 500 SF with 2 bathrooms, storage, office, 9 tables with 18 seats and a second egress.
13. Application Wicked Fast Pizza, Inc. d/b/a Pizza Rev has applied for a Common Victualler License at 100 Cambridgeside Place, inside the Galleria Mall Food Court, Colin Parker as proposed manager of record. Premise is described as 700 Sf +/- space inside the Galleria Food Court.
14. Disciplinary Gurwinderjit Saini, holder of a Cambridge Hackney Driver’s License #29473 due to an alleged assault on another cab driver.
THE ABOVE LISTED MATTERS FOR HEARINGS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, EXCEPT TO THE PRINCIPALS. TO DETERMINE WHETHER A MATTER IS STILL SCHEDULED FOR A HEARING ON THE NOTICED DATE, PLEASE CALL 617-349-6140 THE DAY OF AND INQUIRE.
IN ADDITION, THE ORDER IN WHICH THE MATTERS ARE CALLED MAY CHANGE ON THE DAY OF THE HEARING.
Elizabeth Y. Lint, Executive Director