Hot Weather Tips
Some Heat Wave Tips:
- Eliminate jogging or do it at night when it is cooler;
- Dress in lightweight, light colored loose fitting clothing;
- Stay out of the sun;
- Drink plenty of water and cool non-alcoholic beverages;
- Avoid alcohol, coffee and beverages with caffeine;
- Stay indoors and use fans and air conditioners if possible;
- Eat light food and avoid high protein and high calorie foods that increase body heat;
- If someone becomes ill, seek medical advise. If a person develops a high temperature, is flushed with dry skin, bathe with cool water and seek medical advice immediately.
- Blackouts often occur during extremely hot weather. Keep a battery-operated flashlight on-hand.
- Candles can be a fire hazard with open windows or fans so do not leave unattended.
- Please check on your elderly or infirm neighbors to see if they need help.
- Stay cool by going to a mall or library.
Additional Resource Links:
Amercian Red Crosss Heat Wave Tips
Ready.gov Heat Sheet
Visiting City Hall
Hours of Service
City Department Directory
Richard C. Rossi
Lisa C. Peterson
Deputy City Manager