Inman Square Firehouse Closed for Renovations
The Inman Square Fire House photo was part of a series of photos courtesy of Walter Grace, the Company Journal, and the Cambridge Fire Dept. Web Page with Permission of former Chief of Operations John Gelinas. Apparatus and Station photos courtesy of Doug Boudrow, Massfiretrucks.com and John Parise.
The Inman Square Firehouse at 1384 Cambridge Street closed for renovations on Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012. Engine Company 5 will be temporarily quartered at the East Cambridge Firehouse at 175 Cambridge St. Division 1 will be relocated to Fire Headquarters at 491 Broadway.
Originally built in 1913, the firehouse will be getting new bathroom facilities on floor 2 as well as repairs to the staircase leading from the apparatus floor to the living quarters. The work is expected to take approximately two months.