- City Publications>
- Grand Opening Celebration for Cambridge Community Learning Center, Multi-Service Center for the Homeless, Cambridge Housing Authority June 10
Grand Opening Celebration for Cambridge Community Learning Center, Multi-Service Center for the Homeless and Cambridge Housing Authority June 10
Join us Monday, June 10, from 3-5 p.m., to celebrate the opening of the Cambridge Community Learning Center, the Multi-Service Center for the Homeless and Cambridge Housing Authority at their new home in the former site of Cambridge Police Department., 5 Western Ave./362 Green St. Light refreshments will be served.
The Community Learning Center (CLC) helps adults improve their lives and increase their community participation through free educational programs, tutoring, basic computer instruction. Programs include:
- English language classes
- Classes in basic reading, writing, and math
- Preparation for the GED examinations
- Preparation for college or a training program
- Preparation for the U.S. citizenship test
The Cambridge Multi-Service Center (MSC) addresses the needs of homeless and near-homeless individuals and families living in our community. We provide direct services, planning and coordination of efforts for persons who are living on the street, in emergency shelters or at risk of losing their housing.
The Cambridge Housing Authority (CHA) provides more than 5,000 low income families, elders and disabled individuals with affordable apartments or rental assistance.
The CHA fulfills its mission through:
- The ownership and management of over 2,700 units of housing
- The administration of over 2,300 Housing Choice vouchers
- Continued development of affordable units
- A wide range of tenant services
For more information visit their respective websites:
Community Learning Center
Multi-Service Center for the Homeless
Cambridge Housing Authority