Roadway Paving at the Intersection of Alewife Brook Pkwy and Mass Ave
Notice of Roadway Paving Operations
Intersection of Alewife Brook Parkway & Massachusetts Avenue
On Sunday, November 3 and Monday, November 4, the City’s contractor, U.S. Pavement, will be performing roadway paving operations at the intersection of Alewife Brook Parkway and Massachusetts Avenue. This work is in connection with the sewer separation project that was completed at the intersection. To ensure minimal impact for the adjacent communities, this work will take place during night time hours. Grinding of the roadway will take place on Sunday night from 9pm – 5am and paving will take place on Monday night from 9pm – 5am. A detailed traffic management plan is located below. Please see below view all detour routes.
Traffic Management Detours
- Traveling East on Alewife Brook Parkway – Motorists will be detoured at Alewife Brook Parkway and Whittemore Ave, left onto Kimball St., and right onto Columbus Ave to access Massachusetts Ave.
- Traveling North on Massachusetts Ave. – Motorists will be detoured at Massachusetts Ave. and Churchill Ave., and left onto Matignon Road to access Alewife Brook Parkway eastbound.
- Access to Alewife Brook Parkway westbound and Route 2 West – Motorists will be detoured at Massachusetts Ave. and Columbus Ave., right onto Kimball St., and left onto Seagrave Rd. to access Alewife Brook Parkway westbound.
What to Expect During Construction
- Work hours will be 9 PM to 5 AM on Sunday, November 3 and on Monday, November 4.
- Emergency vehicles will have access at all times.
- State Police, Cambridge Police and Arlington Police will be onsite to assist with traffic management.
CLICK ON MAP FOR LARGER IMAGE