Snow Operations Update
The City of Cambridge Snow Operations Center has been open since before the snow started to fall on Saturday, and crews have been working continuously since that time to salt and plow all streets, and to clear 23 miles of sidewalks along City properties and adjacent to high-volume bus stops. The Traffic Department and Public Works have also been enforcing the City’s sidewalk snow and ice removal ordinance.
While warmer temperatures are expected by Friday, please note:
• Salting and plowing will continue for the next two days.
• Snow clearing operations will continue at curb ramps, crosswalks, along remaining priority bus routes and at high-priority intersections on Wednesday and Thursday overnight.
• Enforcement of the sidewalk snow and ice ordinance will continue through the end of the week.
• Street cleaning has been cancelled for the remainder of this year.
• Objects such as trash/recycling barrels, furniture items or any other item cannot be used to save parking spots on public streets. These items will be taken by DPW crews and recycled or disposed.
Thank you to everyone in the community for your patience during snow operations, and your efforts in clearing City sidewalks. By working together, we are helping to keep Cambridge a safe, accessible, walkable city for everyone all year long.
Online at www.cambridgema.gov/snow
Follow us twitter.com/CambridgeDPW
Like us facebook.com/CambridgeDPW
Sign up to receive alerts by email, text and phone at www.cambridgema.gov/alertnetwork
Request additional information or assistance
Call the DPW 24 hour line at 617.349.4800
Email DPW at email@example.com
Request salting or plowing, or report icy or unshovelled sidewalks
Using Cambridge iReport, our web and mobile service request application. Visit www.cambridgema.gov/ireport, the App Store or Google Play to get started.