For certain Veterans and their spouses as well as Gold Star Parents and Spouses.
An annuity in the amount of $2000, which is payable biannually on August 1st and February 1st in two installments of $1000 each is available for certain Veterans and their un-remarried surviving spouses, as well as Gold Star Parents. This benefit is provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, through the Department of Veterans' Services.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and its Department of Veterans' Services are pleased to provide an annuity in the amount of $2,000 which is payable biannually on August 1st and February 1st in two installments of $1,000 each. This annuity is given in recognition of the service of our distinguished 100% service-connected disabled veterans and to the parents of distinguished veterans (Gold Star Parents) and the un-remarried spouses (Gold Star Wives or Husbands) of distinguished veterans who gave their lives in the service of their country during wartime.
Eligible applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Meets one of the service time requirements set forth in 108 CMR 3.03.
• Has received any discharge from military service other than a dishonorable discharge.
• Is a resident of Massachusetts at the time of applying for the annuity and continues to be a resident of the Commonwealth as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6A.
• Meets the requirements for blindness, paraplegia, double amputation or other disability set forth in M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6B and so certified by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Proof of service and disability shall be furnished to the Commissioner as per M.G.L. ch. 115, s.6C.
Parent or Spouse:
• Must reside in the Commonwealth and must continue to reside in Massachusetts from the date of application and while in receipt of the annuity payments.
• Spouses must not be remarried.
Click Here For Additional Information and Application Forms.
Visiting City Hall
Hours of Service
City Department Directory
Richard C. Rossi
Lisa C. Peterson
Deputy City Manager