People often leave their belongings unattended and realize they have been stolen as they are leaving establishments. Cambridge Police are encouraging residents and students to take the following precautions to protect their belongings to avoid becoming victims of larcenies:
- While dining out, do not place your purse or jacket over the back of your chair. Keep your purse on your lap or between your feet with the handle around the leg of your chair or your foot.
- Do not leave a cell phone, laptop, or tablet unattended on your table.
- When shopping, do not leave your purse or wallet unattended.
- At work, put your purse or wallet in a drawer. Do not leave it on or under a desk.
- Always keep your purse closed.
- Do not keep your Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) in your purse or wallet.
- Keep a list of all credit and ID cards at home along with the card number and customer service phone number in the event you need to close the account due to theft.
Hours of Service
Cambridge Police Department
Robert C. Haas
Email Us with general inquiries about the department or questions about resources/programs offered by the police. DO NOT use this form to submit tips or report crimes in progress.
125 Sixth Street