July 4: Cambridge Road Closures
Detailed information about road closures/traffic restrictions affecting Cambridge on July 3-4
The following information details the road closures in effect on July 4 in Cambridge. Full list of closures on July 3-4 in Cambridge and Boston available here.
- No parking on Memorial Drive (either side) from Massachusetts Avenue to the Longfellow Bridge. All vehicles remaining after this time will be removed.
- No Parking at Magazine Beach Area. No boat launching in this area.
- Memorial Drive in both directions from Mass. Ave. to the Longfellow Bridge closed.
- Main Street from Third Street to the Longfellow Bridge, Cambridge, closed.
- Ames Street from Main Street to Memorial Drive, Cambridge, closed.
- Wadsworth and Amherst Streets, Cambridge, closed.
- Land Boulevard (Cambridge) from Binney Street to Longfellow Bridge, closed.
- Hayward, Carlton, Charlotte's Way and Dock Streets, Cambridge, closed.
- Access allowed to One Memorial Drive only with issued permit.
- Longfellow Bridge closed in both directions. Pedestrians will be allowed on the inbound (Cambridge to Boston) side.
- Mass. Ave. Bridge closed in both directions from Beacon Street in Boston to Vassar Street in Cambridge. This year, the bridge will be closed to pedestrian traffic and viewing.
- Memorial Drive from Mass. Ave to the B.U. Bridge closed. Access will be allowed for patrons going to the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Hyatt patrons will be directed to the Vassar St. road closure.
- Vassar Street from Mass. Ave. to Memorial Drive, Cambridge, closed. Access will be allowed for residents.
- Third Street in Cambridge becomes one way from Main Street to Msgr. O'Brien Highway
- Craigie Draw Bridge (@ Leverett Circle) to remain closed for approximately 2 hours to allow traffic to subside.
- Smaller boats that can pass under bridge while in the down position" will be allowed to pass.
- All closures subject to change at the discretion of the Incident Commander
Hours of Service
Cambridge Police Department
Acting Police Commissioner
Email Us with general inquiries about the department or questions about resources/programs offered by the police. DO NOT use this form to submit tips or report crimes in progress.
125 Sixth Street