The Detail Office is responsible for Off-Duty Employment, and is responsible for assigning off-duty officers to construction sites throughout the City to ensure motor vehicle and pedestrian safety. The office also assigns officers to provide various security details to private companies who wish an officers presence.
ALL WORK IS PERFORMED BY OFF-DUTY OFFICERS AT NO COST TO THE CITY.
How to Order a Detail:
- For a same day or next day detail, call 617-349-3350 during regular business hours.
- For a same day or evening detail after business hours: 617-349-3301.
- If you are calling on the weekend for a same day detail: 617-349-3301.
- If you are calling for a Monday detail after 12:00 on a Friday or during the weekend: 617-349-3350.
- Holidays: If the Detail Office is closed due to a holiday and you are looking for an emergency detail (you must have a permit to work otherwise), please call 617-349-3301.
- 5:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday
- 5:30 AM to 5:00 PM Tuesday to Thursday
- 5:30 AM to 12:00 PM Friday
Email: Detail Office
Unit Supervisor: Sergeant Paul Sugrue, 617-349-3298
Staff: Officer Darlene Pearson, 617-349-3350
Alicia Popovics, 617-349-3333
Billing Questions: 617-349-3333
Hours of Service
Cambridge Police Department
Robert C. Haas
Email Us with general inquiries about the department or questions about resources/programs offered by the police. DO NOT use this form to submit tips or report crimes in progress.
125 Sixth Street