Property & Evidence Unit
The Property & Evidence Unit is responsible for securing all properties that come into the control of the Cambridge Police Department. Once Police Officers turn in such property, Property Office personnel retrieve it daily from the vault. Such property ranges from; evidence from a crime, prisoner's personal belongings and lost/found items. Property that comes into the Property Office is assigned a document control number (DCN) and secured in a locked environment.
This unit effectively and efficiently manages and controls all found, recovered, surrendered, and evidentiary property and any other property coming into the custody of this department.
- Properly and lawfully preserve, package, record, accounted for, handle and store all property and evidence recovered or turned in to the department.
- Take the initiative to return property to its rightful owner or owners in the most expedient manner.
- Dispose of property and evidence that are no longer useful or are potentially dangerous, as provided by law.
- Maintain strict accountability for all property and/or evidence.
- 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM Monday
- 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM Tuesday to Thursday
- 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM Friday
Email: Property & Evidence Unit
Unit Supervisor: Sergeant Susan Kale, 617-349-3381
Property Clerk: Diane Bairos, 617-349-3380
Property Clerk: Kevin Cavanagh, 617-349-3380
Hours of Service
Cambridge Police Department
Email Us with general inquiries about the department or questions about resources/programs offered by the police. DO NOT use this form to submit tips or report crimes in progress.
125 Sixth Street