iPads and Nooks
Take Home a Nook!
The Cambridge Public Libraries have 60 circulating Nooks loaded with a selection of popular reading material that Cantabrigians love. Nooks are yours for 4 weeks, and available with titles for adults, teens and children at all locations.
iPads in the Children’s Room!
When used purposefully in supportive, creative environments, iPads can provide terrific multi-sensory tools for engaging children. Our iPads feature one recommended app each week for you and your children to experiment with during your library visit!
- Providing enjoyable first experiences experimenting with touchscreen technology.
- Showcasing skill-building apps for young children.
- Providing multi-sensory engagement opportunities for children.
- Helping to develop language, cognitive and fine motor skills.
- Fostering enjoyment of learning through interactive play.
- Allow everyone to have a turn.
- Please do not eat while using the iPad.
- Caregivers, join your children in the fun and supervise your child's iPad use.
Looking for more? Ask a librarian about information and resources for iPads and touchscreen technology.
Available in eight world languages, the MUZZY story is a captivating and entertaining way for kids to learn another language. Just choose a language and get started!
Find Tallulah and Blanche!
Our gerbils' Facebook page will keep you posted about Cambridge Public Library Children's Room happenings.