Get a Library Card
A library card is quick and easy to get and gives you access to over 6 million books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, and online resources. You may obtain a library card by presenting a photo id with your current local address, OR a photo id plus one printed document with your name and current local address. As of June 27, 2011, we no longer accept leases. There is no waiting period for a library card and it is free. Please fill out this form and bring it to one of the Cambridge Public Libraries with your ID and proof of address.
Your Cambridge Public Library card:
- gives you access to the Minuteman Library Network
- allows you to reserve and renew items in person, by phone, or online
- lets you borrow most books, audio books, CDs, DVDs, and magazines
- gives you access to public computers at any Cambridge Public Library location
- gets you passes for free or reduced admission to many area museums
Your use of the Cambridge Public Library is private and confidential, as stated in Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 78, Section 7. We do not share information about library patrons with any outside organization or government agency.