Computer Classes & More
Classes @ CPL - We offer computer classes several times a year at the Main Library. Each class runs for 12-weeks, usually from 6-8pm, in our computer lab. There are 3 levels of classes available:
- Introduction to Computers: This course is for adults with no previous computer experience. Instruction will cover use of the mouse and keyboard and very basic word-processing.
- Computers I: This beginner’s class will introduce users to Word, Internet, and Email.
- Computers II: This course is for adults with some computer experience who want to learn introductory Excel and PowerPoint and some advanced Word.
Cambridge Community Television (CCTV) also offers classes at their computerCENTRAL technology lab, located at 438 Massachusetts Ave in Cambridge.
Introduction to Computers
- Testing and Education Resource Center (TERC): A database for Cambridge Residents. Enter in your library card number and under Career Tools select Basic Computer Skills to access the module
Free Software Tutorials
- Goodwill Community Foundation: Offers free online tutorials in basic computer skills, email, internet, word and many more
- Alison.com: Free tutorials for more advanced computer skills like programming, web design and Photoshop
- EveryoneOn: Computer training and free WiFi locator
- Khan Academy: Offers practice exercises and instructional videos on a variety of topics
- TechBoomers: Free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced Internet users with basic computer skills about websites that can help improve their quality of life