Computer Classes & More
Classes @ CPL - We offer computer classes several times a year at the Main Library. Each class runs for 12-weeks, usually from 6-8pm, in our computer lab. There are 3 levels of classes available:
- Introduction to Computers: This course is for adults with no previous computer experience. Instruction will cover use of the mouse and keyboard and very basic word-processing.
- Computers I: This beginner’s class will introduce users to Word, Internet, and Email.
- Computers II: This course is for adults with some computer experience who want to learn introductory Excel and PowerPoint and some advanced Word.
Cambridge Community Television (CCTV) also offers classes at their computerCENTRAL technology lab, located at 438 Massachusetts Ave in Cambridge.
- The Cambridge Public Library is proud to offer access to Lynda, a collection of high-quality online tutorials ranging from Web Design to Photography, Business to Computer Skills. Visit the Lynda kiosk on the 2nd floor and get started learning new computer skills today.
Introduction to Computers
Free Software Tutorials
- Goodwill Community Foundation: Offers free online tutorials in basic computer skills, email, internet, word and many more
- Alison.com: Free tutorials for more advanced computer skills like programming, web design and Photoshop
- EveryoneOn: Computer training and free WiFi locator