To register to vote in the City of Cambridge, You must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be a Cambridge resident.
- Be 18 years of age or older on or before Election Day.
How To Register
To register, you must fill out a Voter Registration Form. The Voter Registration Form is available in several different languages including: English, Spanish, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Korean, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese and Portuguese.
- You can come in and fill out a Voter Registration Form at the Cambridge Election Commission office.
- You can download a mail-in Voter Registration Form from the Secretary of State's Website at http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm
- You can obtain a mail-in Registration Form from the City Clerk’s Office, any Cambridge Post office or any branch of the Cambridge Public library.
Fill the form out completely and sign at the bottom; otherwise it will be rejected and sent back to the applicant.
Mail (DO NOT FAX) the Voter Registration form to:
Cambridge Election Commission
51 Inman Street, 1st floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
How to Request Voter Registration FormS
We can provide a limited number of mail-in forms in our office, or you can request them from the Secretary of State's office by calling 617-727-2828. You can also download the form at http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm.
For individuals and Community Organizations interested in conducting Voter Registration outreach, please see our Voter Registration Manual (last updated July 2014).
Frequently Asked Questions
Click Here for answers to frequently asked questions about voter registration.
Tanya L. Ford
51 Inman Street, First Floor
Hours of Service
Monday: 8:30 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Tuesday to Thursday: 8:30 am-5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-Noon
Poll Worker Recruitment
If you are interested in becoming a Cambridge poll worker, please download the Election Worker Application (PDF). Complete the form and return to the election office.