Frequently Asked Questions

  • Which permits, licenses and certificates must be posted within a food establishment?

    All permits, licenses and certificates obtained from the City and State.

    • Food Establishment Permit
    • Allergy Awareness Certificate
    • Choke Saver Certificate
    • Milk License
    • Frozen Dessert License
    • Tobacco License
  • How many times a year is a restaurant inspection required by code?

    Every six (6) months. 


  • Where can you obtain a license for body art and tattoos?

    Contact Public Health at 617-665-3800. 


  • Where can you obtain a license for tanning salon?

    Contact Public Health at 617-665-3800.