How do I get legal assistance?

The Cambridge Law Department does not render legal service to the public. You can contact one of the following agencies:

Boston Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
16 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: (617) 742-0625

Massachusetts Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
20 West Street
Boston, MA 02111-1218
Phone: 1-800-392-6164

Greater Boston Legal Service
60 Gore Street, Suite 203
Cambridge, MA 02141
Phone: (617) 603-2700

Community Legal Services and Counseling Center
One West Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone: (617) 661-1010

How can I obtain a copy of an ordinance?

You can contact the Office of the City Clerk located on the first floor of City Hall for a copy of an ordinance and a copy of the municipal code or view the Municipal Code here.

Can I get an interpretation?

The Law Department does not provide interpretations and suggests consulting with a private attorney.

Whom should I contact for information on worker's compensation?

For Cambridge employees, contact the Claims Manager in the Personnel Department at (617)-349-4125.

Whom should I contact for information on discrimination

You can contact:

Whom should I contact for information on labor disputes?

You can contact:

Department Information

Hours of Service

Monday: 8:30am-8pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30am-5pm
Friday: 8:30am-12pm

Department Head
City Solicitor
Nancy E. Glowa