Permits and Applications

What are you looking for?
  1. Clear filter/search box

Format Document Name & Description Type Category
Manhole Opening Entry Permit
This permit regulates and monitors contractors/consultants who open and/or enters the City of Cambridge's manholes to complete sewer and stormwater inspections.
Permit Public Works
Newsrack Permit
Permit for any type of newsrack box to be placed on City sidewalks
Permit Public Works
external Parks and Public Areas
Permit for any non-athletic type of event in City Parks or Public Areas
Permit Public Works
Sidewalk Obstruction Business Use - renewal form
SBU application and renewal form for signs, outdoor dining, merchandise, etc.
Permit Public Works
external Sidewalk Obstruction Permit Application
Apply for a Sidewalk Obstruction Permit
Permit Public Works
external Special Events
Permit specifically for larger events such as parades, road races, or walkathons.
Form Public Works
external Stormwater Control Permit
Apply for a Stormwater Control Permit
Permit Public Works
external Temporary Construction Access Permit
Apply for a Temporary Construction Access Permit
Permit Public Works
Alcohol License for one day
Alcohol License for one day
One Day Alcohol License
All Alcohol: $100/day for 1-100 people and $120/day for 100+ people. Beer & Wine: $55/day for 1-100 people and $75/day for 100+ people. Cash (only) payment is paid at the Treasurer’s Office, checks are accepted in our office.
License License
Alcohol License, Annual—On Premise (restaurants, hotels & clubs)
$175 hearing and advertising fee; $10 for each record check; $200 for Alcohol Beverage Control Commission (ABCC). The annual license fee for a new no-value no-transferable license is on a sliding scale from $2450/year and up.
License License
Amusement License
$5 per game and ride per day. Cash (only) payments must be made at the City Treasurer's office, check can be accepted in our office.
License License
Annual Entertainment License
$175 hearing and advertising fee. The licensing fee starts at $110 and is on a sliding scale depending on category of entertainment.
License License
Annual Peddler/Vendor License
$175 hearing and newspaper advertising fee; $39/year license fee; $10.00 for criminal record check form. Notes There is a cap on the number of Peddlers allowed in Cambridge. Harvard Square is restricted by city ordinance and requires permission of the Police Commissioner.
License License
Auction Sale License
$31 per day license fee for minor sale items; $121 per day license fee for larger items (i.e. oriental rugs, etc.)
License License

Visiting City Hall

Cambridge City Hall

795 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge MA, 02139
Ph: 617-349-4000
TTY: 617-349-4242

Hours of Service

Monday: 8:30am-8pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30am-5pm
Friday: 8:30am-12pm

Louis DePasquale
City Manager

Lisa C. Peterson
Deputy City Manager