Solid Waste Hauler
Solid Waste Hauler License
Issued by: License Commission
Governed By: Cambridge City Ordinance 5.24
Process Length: The process takes about four to six weeks.
Fee: $175 hearing and application fee. $125 annual licensing fee.
Process: You must file an application, get zoning sign-offs, provide stamped Articles of organization, if a corporation, LLC Agreement if a Limited liability Company, Partnership Agreement if a partnership. You must also provide a Business Certificate.
Licensees are required to:
1. Provide collection services for garbage and recycling either directly or through a sub-contract.
2. List all sub-contractors and solid waste collection and hauling services on the application.
3. Upon request by the City, provide a list of all Cambridge accounts indicating which services are being provided to each account.
4. Describe how they promote recycling services and how potential and existing customers are informed that recycling is mandatory in Cambridge.
5. Upon request by the City, distribute information to customers once per year of City Ordinances regarding noise, waste, recycling and other related issues. This information will be provided by the City.