- Road reconstruction is underway with a single lane of traffic. Holyoke and Dunster Sts will be closed during final paving.
- Waiting on Eversource Electric to adjust vault on left side of Mt. Auburn St.
- Brick sidewalk installation complete with punch list items remaining.
- Final paving anticipated in October 2015.
The city’s contractor, Newport Construction, will perform roadway milling on Mount Auburn Street between Dunster and Holyoke streets as well as a small section of Holyoke Street on Thursday, September 24, in preparation for paving. Work hours for the milling operation will be 7 AM to 4 PM and one lane of traffic on Mt. Auburn Street will remain open during milling with periodic detours possible.
Crews will pave Mount Auburn Street between Dunster and Holyoke streets on Wednesday, September 30. Work hours will be 7 AM to 4 PM and one lane of traffic on Mt. Auburn Street will remain open during paving with periodic detours possible.
What to Expect During Roadway Milling and Paving
- Mt. Auburn Street will remain open to one lane of traffic during milling and paving.
- During the milling and paving operations, there will be periodic detours and road closures of Dunster and Holyoke streets while crews perform the work. Police details and signage will be onsite to direct drivers.
- There cannot be any cars parked on the street during the milling and paving operation. Please be sure to check “No Parking” signs to avoid being ticketed and towed.
- Please note that all operations are weather dependent and may be rescheduled due to rain.
During the week of June 29 (weather permitting), the City’s contractor, D’Allessandro Corporation, mobilized to Mt. Auburn Street (Gibson Street to Fresh Pond Parkway) to complete the reconstruction of the center island near the Fresh Pond Parkway. In addition to work in the center island, crews will be performing miscellaneous sidewalk repairs throughout the project area. Reconstruction of the roadway will begin this month.
The project is scheduled to begin August 2, 2014, and is expected to be completed by late October 2014. Final roadway paving will take place in spring/summer 2015.
City of Cambridge Dept. of Public Works
147 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
For additional information or assistance, please contact Hussein Musa, project manager, at 617.349.4831.
For 24 hour emergency assistance, please call Public Works at 617.349.4800.