Fulkerson Street Reconstruction
Roadway and Sidewalk Reconstruction
During the week of April 6, the city’s contractor, D’Allessandro Corporation, will resume construction activities on Fulkerson St, between Cambridge St and Charles St. Remaining work includes drainage upgrades, sidewalk and roadway reconstruction, and final paving. We expect the work to take about 3 months to complete.
• Crews will first complete drainage upgrades along Fulkerson St.
• Once crews complete the drainage work, crews will begin sidewalk reconstruction, followed by roadway reconstruction and final paving.
• Overall construction is expected to take 3 months to complete. We will continue to update neighbors as the work progresses.
What to Expect During Construction
• General work hours will be 7AM to 4 PM, Monday-Friday.
• “No Parking” signs will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of construction; please be sure to check posted signs for exact dates and times.
• When work occurs directly in front of driveways or entryways, the contractor will coordinate access directly with residents.
• City services will continue uninterrupted.
October 2014 - November/December 2014: Crews will complete drainage work and reconstruct the sidewalks on the north side or Fulkerson Street from Cambridge Street to Thorndike Street. Weather permitting, crews will extend the scope of work.
Spring/Summer 2015: Crews will complete the remainder of the project, which consists of: completing the sidewalks on the north side of Fulkerson Street between Thorndike Street and Charles Street, sidewalks on the south side of Fulkerson Street between Cambridge Street and Charles Street, and roadway paving on Fulkerson Street between Cambridge Street and Charles Street.
The Fulkerson Street Reconstruction Project includes:
- Roadway reconstruction
- Sidewalk reconstruction
- Installation of drainage structures
City of Cambridge - Dept. of Public Works
147 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
For additional information or assistance, please contact Chris Neil, Community Relations Manager: email@example.com /617.349.4825.
For 24 hour emergency assistance, please call Public Works at 617.349.4800.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge