Fulkerson Street Reconstruction
Roadway and Sidewalk Reconstruction
November 10, 2014
This week, crews continue to install catch basins at the intersection of Fulkerson Street and Otis Street.
October 17, 2014
The City has awarded the contract for the reconstruction of Fulkerson Street (Cambridge Street to Charles Street) to D’Allessandro Corporation. This project includes the installation of drainage structures, sidewalk reconstruction and roadway paving. During the weeks of October 20 and October 27, the City’s contractor will begin performing drainage work and sidewalk reconstruction on Fulkerson Street between Cambridge Street and Thorndike Street.
What to Expect During Construction
• General work hours will be 7AM to 4 PM, Monday-Friday.
• “No Parking” signs will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of construction; please be sure to check posted signs for exact dates and times.
• When work occurs directly in front of driveways or entryways, the contractor will coordinate access directly with residents.
• Fulkerson Street (between Cambridge Street and Thorndike Street) will be closed, but will remain open for abutters only.
• City services will continue uninterrupted.
October 2014 - November/December 2014: Crews will complete drainage work and reconstruct the sidewalks on the north side or Fulkerson Street from Cambridge Street to Thorndike Street. Weather permitting, crews will extend the scope of work.
Spring/Summer 2015: Crews will complete the remainder of the project, which consists of: completing the sidewalks on the north side of Fulkerson Street between Thorndike Street and Charles Street, sidewalks on the south side of Fulkerson Street between Cambridge Street and Charles Street, and roadway paving on Fulkerson Street between Cambridge Street and Charles Street.
The Fulkerson Street Reconstruction Project includes:
- Roadway reconstruction
- Sidewalk reconstruction
- Installation of drainage structures
City of Cambridge - Dept. of Public Works
147 Hampshire Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
For additional information or assistance, please contact Chris Neil, Community Relations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org /617.349.4825.
For 24 hour emergency assistance, please call Public Works at 617.349.4800.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge