Report an Issue

Public Works appreciates receiving any information you would like to report regarding the issues below.  To report an issue, please check the links and contact information. 
  • Park issues

    Call the Public Works, Parks Division to report any type of park issue at 617.349.4885 or email us. If this is an urgent matter, please call 617.349.4800.

  • Plowing and Salting

    To request plowing or salting call the Public Works, Operations Center at 617.349.4800. Public Works will clear the streets as soon as possible.

  • Snow and Ice

    Report the address of unshoveled or icy sidewalks using our online reporting form or by calling the snow hotline at 617.349.4903. If this is an urgent matter, please call 617.349.4800.

  • Stormwater

    Residents are encouraged to report illegal dumping into catch basins by calling Public Works at 617.349.4800 or email us.

  • Website

    Report an issue with the City of Cambridge, Public Works' website.

  • Defective Streetlight

    Report a defective streetlight or park light to the Electrical Department

  • Pothole

    Report a pothole to Public Works' Street and Sidewalk Maintenance Division for inspection and repair.

  • Rodent Sighting

    Report a rodent sighting the Inspectional Services Department.

  • Graffiti

    Report graffiti to Public Works' Street Cleaning Division

  • Missed Curbside Pickups

    Report a missed pickup of curbside recycling, trash, yard waste, or compost to Public Works' Solid Waste Division.

How can we help you? I'd like...

Mobile Cambridge

Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge


Have a question?
Find the answer in our extensive
Frequently Asked Questions

Dept of Public Works

147 Hampshire St
Cambridge MA 02139


Hours of Service

Monday: 8:30am-8:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:30am-5:00pm
Friday: 8:30am-12 noon
24 Hour emergency 617.349.4860


Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-7:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am-4:00pm

Owen O'Riordan