Tree Hearing September 6th
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Removal of Public Shade Trees
City of Cambridge, Department of Public Works
Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 87, Sections 3 and 4, a public hearing will be held on Thursday, September 6th at 5:30 p.m. at the DPW, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, Mass., to consider the removal of the following public tree(s):
1. 1 Harvard Square – Removal of 4 trees (8.3” zelkova, 7.7” zelkova, 8.7” zelkova, and 3.5” hedge maple) due to canopy dieback and wounding along trunk.
2. 3 Hubbard Park Road – Removal of 26” Norway maple due to canopy dieback and wounding along trunk.
3. 70 Griswold St – Removal of 38” silver maple due to canopy dieback and existing cavities. Location will be replanted.
4. 186 Hancock St – Removal of 29.7” Norway maple due to severe canopy dieback. Location will be replanted.
5. 872 Mass Ave (on Green Street) – Removal of 28.8” tree of heaven due to structural issue at base of tree.
The tree(s) identified above have been posted for public inspection. Any objections to their removal must be submitted in writing to the City Arborist, prior to or during the hearing. The mailing address for the City Arborist is Department of Public Works, City of Cambridge, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA 02139; phone: 617-349-6433 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge