Tree Hearing Scheduled for Thursday, August 22
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Removal of Public Shade Trees
City of Cambridge, Department of Public Works
Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 87, Sections 3 and 4, a public hearing will be held on Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 at 5:30 pm at 147 Hampshire St, Cambridge, Mass., to consider the removal of the following public tree(s):
1. Ames St (in median at Broadway) – Removal of 4 crabapples (7.8”, 8.8”, 7.4”, and 7.5”) due to structural issues and streetscape improvements.
2. Ames St (in median at Main St.) – Removal of 3 crabapples (7”, 7.9”, and 9”) due to structural issues and streetscape improvements.
3. 1 Longfellow Road – Removal of 4.5" pear due to structural issues and wounded leader. Location will be replanted.
4. 8 Longfellow Road – Removal of 17.8" Norway maple due to storm damage and structural issues. Location will be replanted.
5. 12 Longfellow Road – Removal of 22.5" Norway maple due to cavities and structural issues. Location will be replanted.
6. 16 Woodbridge St – Removal of 12.3” Norway maple due to structural issues and curb cut application.
7. 55 Belmont St (on Norman St) – Removal of 18.5” Norway maple due to canopy dieback and structural issues. Location will be replanted.
8. 22 Sixth St – Removal of 19.3” Norway maple due to structural issues. Location will be replanted.
The tree(s) identified above have been posted for public inspection. Any objections to their removal must be submitted in writing to the City Arborist, prior to or during the hearing. The mailing address for the City Arborist is Department of Public Works, City of Cambridge, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA 02139; phone: 617-349-6433 email: email@example.com .
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Friday: 8:30am-12 noon
24 Hour emergency 617.349.4860
RECYCLING CENTER HOURS
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-7:30pm
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge