June 30 Tree Hearing Results
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Removal of Public Shade Trees
City of Cambridge, Department of Public Works
Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 87, Sections 3 and 4, a public hearing will be held on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010 at 5:30 p.m. in the Main Conference Room of the Department of Public Works, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, Mass., to consider the removal of the following public trees:
1. 47 Chilton St – Removal of 22.5” Norway maple tree due to significant dieback within the canopy and wounding and decay pockets along trunk. Location will be replanted.
2. 4 Buckingham St – Removal of 11.5” littleleaf linden due to large wound along tree. Location will be replanted
3. 555 Concord Ave (on Wheeler St) – Removal of 6 ash trees (8.8”, 10.4”, 17.6”, 12.3”, 13.5” & 13.7”) for drainage construction project. Location will be replanted.
4. 30 Bay St – Removal of 18.6” pear tree due to storm damage and poor structure. Location will be replanted.
5. 514 Franklin St (on Bay St) – Removal of 19.3” pear tree due to storm damage and poor structure. Location will be replanted.
The trees identified above have been posted for public inspection. Any objections to their removal must be submitted in writing to the City Arborist, prior to or during the hearing. The mailing address for the City Arborist is Department of Public Works, City of Cambridge, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA 02139; phone: 617-349-6433 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Friday: 8:30am-12 noon
24 Hour emergency 617.349.4860
RECYCLING CENTER HOURS
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-7:30pm
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge