Tree Hearing Scheduled for Thursday, February 21
NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Removal of Public Shade Trees
City of Cambridge, Department of Public Works
Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 87, Sections 3 and 4, a public hearing will be held on Thursday, February 21 at 5:30 p.m. at Public Works, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, Mass., to consider the removal of the following public tree(s):
1. Rogers Street (Between Second St. and Third St.) – Removal of 9 trees (6.3” Amur maple, 8.0” Amur maple, 7.5” Norway maple, 10.8” pear, 4.2” pear, 15.6” Norway maple, 9.4” Norway maple, 15.5” hackberry, and 10.0” hackberry) for utility, streetscape, and new park improvements. Location will be replanted.
2. 51 Ellery Street – Removal of 24.6” Norway maple due to significant canopy dieback. Location will be replanted.
3. 105 Lexington St – Removal of 18.7” honeylocust due to fungal fruiting bodies at base of tree. Location will be replanted.
4. 122 Larch Road – Removal of 22.3" sugar maple due to canopy dieback. Location will be replanted.
5. 47 Cedar Street – Removal of 24” Norway maple due to significant canopy dieback. Location will be replanted.
6. 112 Jackson Street – Removal of 12” Norway maple due to significant canopy dieback. Location will be replanted.
The tree(s) identified above have been posted for public inspection. Any objections to their removal must be submitted in writing to the City Arborist, prior to or during the hearing. The mailing address for the City Arborist is Department of Public Works, City of Cambridge, 147 Hampshire Street, Cambridge, MA 02139; phone: 617-349-6433 email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information, please visit our Tree Hearing webpage.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge