Memorial Drive Weekend Closure
Last weekend, the City’s contractor, D’Allessandro Corp., made significant progress on the installation of the new 36” drain line between the new outfall at the Charles River and Western Avenue. Additional work is needed to complete this phase of the work. In order to alleviate the disruption to the community, overnight work WILL NOT take place this week (Monday-Thursday) on Memorial Drive but crews will be working on a 24 hour basis this weekend starting at 9pm on Friday night.
What to Expect During Construction
• Memorial Drive will be closed (Hingham Street to Western Ave) from Friday, March 22nd at 9pm to 6am Saturday, March 23rd.
• Traffic will be limited to single lanes of travel in both directions on Memorial Drive (between Hingham St. and Western Avenue) from Saturday, March 23rd at 6am to 9pm on Sunday, March 24th.
• Western Avenue will be consolidated into one lane of travel between Putnam Ave and Memorial Drive.
• Access for cyclists and pedestrians using the Charles River path will remain at all times.
• Every effort will be made to limit the amount of noise generated, but excavators, saws and other equipment are required to complete the work.
To view the official notice, please click here.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Friday: 8:30am-12 noon
24 Hour emergency 617.349.4860
RECYCLING CENTER HOURS
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-7:30pm
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge