Public Works' Engineering desk has a large library of historical and current maps, plans, and record drawings available for viewing. Some sets of documents have been scanned to digital image formats and others are stored as original hardcopy. These documents are useful for a variety of purposes including; license and variance applications, utility connection verification (sewer and stormwater only), historical analysis, environmental research, and defining of property boundaries.
Maps and plans kept on file at Public Works include:
- Utility Layouts (sanitary sewer, combined sewer, and stormwater drains)
- Sewer Inspection Records
- Street Layouts, Acceptance Plans, and Field Books
- Street and Property Histories
- Assessor's Plat Plans (current and historical)
- Aerial Photos (2003, 2001, 1995, 1987, 1947)
- Sewer and Stormwater Construction Contract Drawings
- Surface Enhancement Contract Drawings
- FEMA Flood Zone Maps
- Historical Maps of Cambridge
Visit the Engineering information desk at our 147 Hampshire Street, facility where information is on file for contractors, surveyors, citizens and other city departments. During normal business hours an Engineering staff member is available to assist with data requests on a walk-in basis; comprehensive research requests will be filled within ten business days. Bring a thumb drive!
Please call the Engineering desk with any questions: 617.349.4811.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge