Map-based Engineering Data
The Engineering Division maintains the following Public Works' data layers using Geographic Information Systems (GIS):
- Sewer and Storm drain Utilities (Online viewer HERE.)
- Current and Proposed Contract Areas (Online viewer HERE.)
- Citywide Geographic Index of 3,500+ Record Drawings ("GeoIndex" layer HERE.)
- Sidewalk, Pavement, and Pedestrian Ramp Conditions
- Elevation Benchmarks
- Catchment Areas and Stormwater Sampling Locations
- DPW-Maintained Schools, Parks and Buildings
- Snow, Salt, Recycling, and Rubbish Truck Routes
- Private Schools, Hospitals, Churches, Daycares, and Elderly Housing
- Chapter 94C Section 32J Drug-Free School Zones
Online GIS application tips are HERE and custom GIS mapping is available. Contact George Stylianopoulos at 617.349.4859 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions specific to Public Works' data layers; contact the City of Cambridge's central GIS Department for current exports of these and additional planimetric data layers.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge