Map-based Engineering Data
The Engineering Division maintains the following Public Works' data layers using Geographic Information Systems (GIS):
- Sewer and Storm drain Utilities (Online viewer HERE.)
- Current and Proposed Contract Areas (Online viewer HERE.)
- Citywide Geographic Index of 3,500+ Record Drawings ("GeoIndex" layer HERE.)
- Sidewalk, Pavement, and Pedestrian Ramp Conditions
- Elevation Benchmarks
- Catchment Areas and Stormwater Sampling Locations
- DPW-Maintained Schools, Parks and Buildings
- Snow, Salt, Recycling, and Rubbish Truck Routes
- Private Schools, Hospitals, Churches, Daycares, and Elderly Housing
- Chapter 94C Section 32J Drug-Free School Zones
Online GIS application tips are HERE and custom GIS mapping is available. Contact Jim Wilcox at 617.349.6426 or email@example.com with questions specific to Public Works' data layers; contact the City of Cambridge's central GIS Department for current exports of these and additional planimetric data layers.
How can we help you? I'd like...