Five Year Plan for Street & Sidewalk Reconstruction
Learn more about the Five Year Street and Sidewalk Reconstruction Plan (PDF). A list of streets and sidewalks that are scheduled for reconstruction between 2013 and 2018 is located here.
Goals of the 5 Year Plan:
- Reconstruct streets, sidewalks and bicycle facilities with an emphasis on a Complete Streets approach: designing the street for all users
- Provide for comprehensive inspection/repair and upgrading of city utilities, as well as public utilities, so as to ensure new street system integrity is maintained for as long as possible once construction is complete
- Maintain safe, accessible streets and sidewalks
- Reconstruct streets, sidewalks and bicycle facilities in a prioritized fashion based on need
- Construct projects efficiently with minimum disruption to community life
- Effectively communicate design and construction projects with neighborhoods and facilitate a more integrated design process
- Provide reasonable access for all users, during street reconstruction
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE INTERACTIVE CONSTRUCTION MAP
How can we help you? I'd like...
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge