Rules and Etiquette
Off Leash Rules:
1. All dogs must be leashed prior to entering and upon leaving this area.
2. At all times while dogs are using this area, their owner(s)/keeper(s) shall be in the designated area with his/her dog.
3. The owner/keeper of the dog(s) must have a leash in his/her possession at all times while his/her dog(s) is using this area.
4. All dogs using this area must have a current Cambridge license and the license must be displayed on the dog at all times.
5. Dogs wearing prong or choke collars are not permitted in this area.
6. All dogs using this area must be accompanied by an owner/keeper. The owner/keeper must maintain visual contact with his/her dog(s) and must maintain voice control over his/her dog(s) within this area at all times;
7. Dogs determined to have a vicious disposition pursuant to M.G.L. ch. 140, §157 or Cambridge Municipal Code ch. 6.08, are not permitted in this area.
8. Female dogs in heat are not permitted in this area.
9. Each owner/keeper may have no more than three (3) dogs at a time in this area.
10. The owner/keeper of any dog(s) excessively barking in this area is subject to the penalties promulgated by M.G.L. ch. 140, §157.
11. The owner/keeper of any dog(s) must appropriately remove and properly dispose of any and all feces left by the dog(s) pursuant to Cambridge Municipal Code §6.04.060. The owner/keeper is responsible for providing a means of feces removal.
12. ALL DOGS AND OWNERS/KEEPERS USE THIS AREA AT THEIR OWN RISK.
Dog Park Etiquette:
- Keep all gates closed.
- Do not linger, or allow your child or dog to linger, at the gates.
- In order to prevent overcrowding, please limit off-leash play to 30 minutes during peak hours or when other people with dogs are waiting.
- Maintain visual contact with your dog(s) at all times.
- Do not allow digging. Please refill any holes you find.
- Do not allow your dog to run along the fence, barking at passers by.
- Dispose of any cans, bottles, food wrapers, feces, or other litter you find. If we all do this, the dog park will remain clean.
- Supervise young children in the dog park.
- Work collaboratively with other dog owners/keepers regarding situations where dogs don't seem to get along, in order for all people with dogs to have access to the dog park.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge
Public Parks, Playgrounds and Recreation Areas