The Recycling Center is located at 147 Hampshire Street in the back right corner of the Public Works' yard. We are open: Tuesdays & Thursdays: 4:00pm - 7:30pm and Saturdays: 9:00am - 4:00pm. Map of the Center. The yard is closed to the public at all other times. The Center is open to Cambridge residents only and small businesses and non-profit organizations in Cambridge with 50 employees or fewer. Use of the Center is free of charge. Materials that small businesses/non-profits can bring are marked by *.
Email us at email@example.com to sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter.
- Batteries (non-alkaline only)
- Binders (good condition, for reuse)
- Books (residents are welcome to take up to 10 books per visit)
- Bottles & Cans*
- Cardboard Boxes*
- CDs, DVDs, Video Games (in original packaging)
- Cell Phones
- Electronics and Cords (no computer monitors or TVs)
- Fluorescent Bulbs*
- Food Scraps (residents only)
- Metal Items* (no sealed containers or large appliances)
- Plastic Bags* (detailed list)
- Plastics, Large Items* (laundry baskets, crates, toys, etc.)
- Small Appliances (any small appliance with a cord or battery-operated device that one person can lift. Large appliances and A/C's, dehumidifiers, and water coolers, must be scheduled for curbside pickup, permit needed.)
- String Lights
- Styrofoam Packing Peanuts (no block Styrofoam, no cellulose peanuts)
- Toner & Ink Cartridges
Items NOT Accepted
How can we help you? I'd like...