When you avoid making garbage in the first place, you don't have to worry about disposing of waste or recycling it later. Changing your habits is key. There’s a ton of ways you can reduce your waste when you shop, work and play. When you reduce waste, you can save some time and money, and be good to the Earth.
Quick tips to reduce packaging:
- Choose products with minimal packaging, the least materials, or none at all.
- Buy the largest size practical, if you’ll use it and can store it.
- Drink tap water instead of bottled water. Cambridge water is safe and healthy.
- Buy concentrates instead of liquids, like frozen juice or powdered detergent.
- Say “no bag, thanks” whenever you can, and bring your mug.
How can we help you? I'd like...
Dept of Public Works
147 Hampshire St
Hours of Service
Recycling Center Hours
Tuesday & Thursday: 4:00pm-7:30pm
Ms. Randi Mail
Director of Recycling
Cambridge Mobile Apps
Keeping you connected wherever you are. Learn more about Mobile Cambridge