Throughout the years, volunteers have made a significant contribution to the Cambridge Recycling program. Volunteers have helped in a variety of ways with education and outreach. In fact, volunteers actually started the program in the late 1980s by staffing the Recycling Drop-Off Center! People like you have made a huge impact on our program, just think what you can do!
Here are some areas where we could use your help! If you have a specific project idea, contact us and make a proposal!
At the Recycling Center…
Organize and sort books, batteries and cell phones. Help educate residents and businesses.
At Festivals and Street Fairs...
Staff information tables, monitor recycling and talk with vendors.
At Farmers Markets…
Make our materials available, answer questions, sign residents up for our monthly e-newsletter.
In Your Neighborhood and Around Town…
- Become a Recycling Neighbor!
- Assist with presentations at schools and other community groups
- Help students recycle and compost in the cafeteria
- Teach backyard composting
- Post information on community bulletin boards
- Monitor A-Frames
- Monitor public area recycling bins
- Help organize educational forums and movie nights
- Organize tours of factories that process recyclables or make products from recycled materials
- Participate in the Cambridge Recycling Advisory Committee
In the Office…
Help with mailings, phone calls and data entry. Prepare outreach materials for distribution. Confirm current and identify new resources for Get Rid of It Right.
Ready to volunteer? Contact us!
How can we help you? I'd like...